The Value of Adding Video to Your Branding Strategy
When building or growing a business, it is imperative to keep your brand visible to the people who are forming opinions about you. When done correctly, a branding strategy will push your website to the coveted first page of Google searches. Since 94 percent of users click on these first-page results, you want to achieve this goal.
Reasons for Using Videos as Part of Branding
Although you can improve your branding using numerous strategies, you do not want to overlook the value of videos. Articles, blogs, and other written content are important, but a video bio or a series of two-minute thought-provoking videos will take your company to the next level. In addition to pushing your company to the first page of search results on Google, videos are beneficial for many other reasons.
- Popularity – Of all online content formats, videos are the most consumed. When videos are added to branding strategies, they typically reach 85 percent of the U.S. internet-using population. Compared to a text-based blog or article, videos have as much as three times the web presence.
- Hot Searches – Following Google, YouTube is the most searched social media platform. While not a search engine like Google, YouTube has more daily searches than Bing, Yahoo, AOL, and Ask combined.
- Easy Implementation – Adding a video is quite easy, with no special training required. Using a built-in high-definition camera and the right app, a professional-looking video will be up and running in no time.
- Trusting Relationships – To encourage people to purchase your products and/or services, they need to trust you. With written content, building trust is challenging because it lacks personal interaction. In comparison, videos allow existing and potential customers to see and hear you. This gives them a better understanding of who you are and what your brand means.
- Standing Apart from the Competition – Blending in with the competition will never lead to success. Although videos are effective and powerful, for some reason, many competitors have not yet tapped into this opportunity. For an immediate competitive edge, use videos to distinguish your company from others in your niche.
Without question, adding videos to your branding strategies will help you reach your goals. However, it is also important that you consider other opportunities, including written content, text messaging, email campaigns, and more.